Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dealing with Quotation Marks

So I have the problem of not knowing where to punctate before and after Quotation Marks. So for example; if I were writing my paper I do something like this: According to so and so he says "facts and information and statistics." and continues by saying "more facts and other mumbo-jumbo." What is up with these "officials".
Something like that. Anyhow, It is time to find out what I do wrong. HERE we find 7 Rules! Why do there have to be so many rules!?! So rule #1 tells me that the last quotation I did should have the period on the inside like this: "officials." I don't know why but it just is that way. Same with Commas. Rule 2 explains that ? can fall outside the quotation marks if it is not related to the quotation. Again don't know why. HERE shares how to use a comma before a quotation and when not to use a comma. Soooooooooo Confusing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment